This is a partial list of the major machine-independent changes
(i.e., these are the changes people ask about most often). Machine
specific changes have also been made, and are sometimes mentioned
in the pages for the specific platforms.
Note: Problems for which patches exist are marked in red.
For changes in other releases, click below:
Changes made between OpenBSD 4.4 and 4.5
- Fix quick reuse of TCP states in pf(4).
- Better NMI handling for m88k, without the AST and softintr parts.
- Fixed panic in the acx(4) driver.
- Added two ioctls to the apm(4) interface to give other parts a chance to act when a machine suspends, not just apmd(8).
- Make pfsync(4) bulk update code run under splsoftnet to prevent races.
- Fix multicast support in jme(4) and ale(4).
- Enabled ale(4) on amd64 and i386 GENERIC and RAMDISK_CD kernels.
- Added ale(4), a driver for the Atheros AR8121/8113/8114 Ethernet controllers.
- Fix pfsync(4) to make ipsec gateway failover work again.
- Fix issue with sis(4) chips that report VLAN tagged packets with an RX error even if everything is fine.
- Added hardware acceleration in gbe(4) to SGI O2 framebuffers.
- Teach smtpctl(8) how to reschedule a message even if the retry delay has not expired.
- Prevent pfsync(4) from putting packets on the wire if no syncdev is specified.
- Added SAS1078DE to the list of supported mfi(4) devices.
- Better short frame detection in the tcpdump(8) pfsync decoder.
- Moved OpenSSH to version 5.2.
- Reduce lower bound of uvm_km_pages for machines with less than 16M of physical memory.
- Stop enforcing a minimum size for nkmempages by default.
- When doing IPv6 MTU discovery, make sure the requested MTU is not less than the minimal v6 MTU minus the size of a frag header.
- Added yukon-2 FE+ to the list of supported msk(4) devices.
- Limit the amount of file descriptors to create when passing fd's so it will fit the amount the receiver will allow.
- Make sure OpenCVS properly convert dates between timezones before comparison.
- Reworked m88k MP lock logic, now allows for multiuser and parallel kernel builds on MVME197DP boards.
- Various OpenCVS improvements and fixes.
- Fix kernel crash in the uvideo(4) bulk device code when closing the video stream.
- Better atomic operations for m88k, makes 197DP machines almost reach multiuser.
- Fix for m88k to let M188 kernels compile again.
- Let the sdmmc(4) adapters tell the sdmmc layer how many sectors they can transfer with one command. Speeds up some devices by 2.5 times.
- Make sure the bpf(4) tap is always called with the same interrupt priority level as the tun(4) to prevent races.
- Fix an rthreads race in the reaper.
- Reworked the Intra-Area-Prefix LSAs in ospf6d(8) to be RFC5340 compliant.
- Make ospf6d(8) send the correct nbr state to RDE.
- Disabled all IGPGART chipsets from the radeondrm driver, since all the tested ones have issues.
- Enabled zyd(4) on socppc GENERIC and RAMDISK kernels.
- Fix installer so it accepts '\' characters as password.
- Make the smtpd(8) newaliases read aliases path from smtpd.conf(5).
- Fix crash related to incorrect initialization of queues in pfsync.
- Fix crash in libc mktemp(3) where there filename was all X characters.
- Moved mvme68k ethernet buffers higher in memory in the bootblocks to allow for larger bsd.rds to load correctly.
- Make sysmerge(8) always run pwd_mkdb(8), newaliases(1) and MAKEDEV(8).
- RELIABILITY FIX: bgpd(8) issue when attaching its own AS to an AS-PATH sequence of 255 elements.
A source code patch is available.
[Applied to stable]
- Fix pfctl(8) -v printing of anchors.
- Various m88k 88110 SMP fixes.
- Disabled kernel memory pool debugging stuff for the release.
- Changed max username and password length for sppp(4) to 255.
- Fix for crashes on machines with Core i7 chips when trying to read MSR_TEMPERATURE_TARGET.
- Moved the pfsync(4) protocol to v5, which breaks compatibility with previous pfsync(4) versions. Improves performance and allows several types of updates in a single packet.
- Make rdist(1) silently ignore special files which cannot be moved.
- Make sure chpass(1) in a secure yp(8) context will not turn a users password into "*".
- Prevent display and saving of fsize/bsize fields for UNUSED partitions via the disklabel(8) 's' command.
- Various DRM and dmamem related improvements in xenocara.
- Make xenocara libpciaccess domain-aware. Makes X capable of discovering PCI devices in other domains.
- Prevent rcs(1) and OpenCVS leaving temporary files behind.
- Added support in rcs(1) for "rlog -d".
- Fix issue in smtpd(8) where list of 6 MXs or more was not handled correctly.
- Make ifconfig(8) "chan" option list support channels and "scan" list access points or to list known stations in HostAP mode.
- Limit HPPA physical memory to 2G maximum.
- Implemented "makemap -t" and "makemap -o" for smtpd(8).
- Added vsbic(4), a driver for the MVMW327A SCSI and floppy controller on mvme88k machines. Only for SCSI so far.
- Enabled age(4) on amd64 and i386 RAMDISK_CD kernels.
- Increase default snaplen in tcpdump(8) to 116, to allow capture of pflog+ipv6+tcp without tuning.
- Various MP fixes and improvements for mvme88k machines.
- Fix "boot -d" on amd64 MP kernels.
- Prevent sleep(1) from trashing the argv space when parsing arguments.
- Fix for re(4) problems, removed undocumented accesses to register 0x82 for earlier hardware.
- Add ssh(1) support for remote port forwarding with a zero listen port to dynamically allocate one at runtime.
- Remove 'free list modified' panics in pf(4).
- Fix alignment in bgpd(8) for 64bit architectures when dealing with sockaddr_in6 structs.
- Fix fts(3) level going negative on really deep directories.
- Fix gcc bug that broke double -> unsigned long conversions on sparc64.
- Enable run(4) on all arches where ural(4) and rum(4) exist.
- Prevent panic in the mbuf code path if m_copyback() is working on a M_READONLY mbuf.
- Initial bio(4) support for ips(4).
- Updated leapseconds time zone data to tzdata2009b.
- Make libsndio ignore environment variables if the program is setuid or setgid.
- In the i915 intel graphic code, make sure vblank is not enabled if the pipe is disabled.
- Moved to 4.5-beta.
- Enabled ips(4) on amd64 and i386 CD RAMDISK kernels.
- Fix cpu_hardclock() issues on HPPA machines.
- Initial 802.11 defragmentation code to handle reception of MSDU or MMPDU fragments.
- Added missing mux locators to non-USB keyboards and mice on sparc64 GENERIC kernels.
- Make ksh(1) built-in 'echo' behave according to POSIX when "set -o posix" is in effect.
- Bumped the number of /dev/sd* device nodes on all USB-capable architectures.
- New font selection logic on sti(4) frame buffer console.
- Fix crash on zaurus when plugging in certain sd memory cards.
- Fix HW WEP support on run(4), and a few other fixes.
- Added Huawei E160G to the list of supported umsm(4) devices.
- Fix kernel crash in uvideo(4) for devices with unsorted frame indexes.
- If aucat(1) has too many connections, stop accepting new ones rather than exit()ing with a fatal error.
- For some systems which claim ACPI 2.0 but still do not provide an XSDT address, fall back on the RSDT.
- Make intel xenocara Mesa code choose the right vblank pipe to sync to, in case there is only one.
- Make aucat(1) daemonize when in server mode.
- Make aucat(1) in server mode create a /tmp/aucat-userid/ directory and create sockets in it to prevent eavesdropping.
- In ospf6d(8), set the LA-bit for all prefixes of 128-bit length in the Intra-Area-Prefix LSAs.
- Added Buffalo WLI-U2-SG54HG to the list of supported rum(4) devices.
- Better rate calculations in apmd(8) for MP machines.
- Enabled build in xenocara of kdrive/Xephyr for the gcc3 architectures.
- Save VGA text mode color palette upon startup and restore it when switching consoles or when X11 exits.
- gcc2 fixes for dhclient(8).
- Move mvme88k vs(4) driver to bus_dma.
- Unbreak non-INET6 case in the pf code.
- Make smtpd(8) handle connection descriptor limits better.
- Make ipsecctl(8) print out a warning if the ipsec.conf(5) file changes the default peer configuration later in the file.
- Mark routers as uninstalled after deleting the default route. Makes it possible to get a new default route by router advertisements after the old one got deleted or timed out.
- Make sure more of the IPv6 code runs under splnet() in certain places.
- Fix "target kvm" in gdb(1) for powerpc.
- Fix ksh(1) evaluation of '||' and '&&' in certain combinations.
- Updated xdm to 1.1.8.
- Switch member names in struct stat timespec to the names from POSIX 1003.1-2008 with compatibility macros for the previous names.
- Make sure macppc laptops skip pmu commands if no adb device appears in the device tree.
- Make ospf6d(8) originate Intra-Area-Prefix LSAs which reference a router LSA.
- Updated xf86-input-elographics to 1.2.3.
- Initial STARTTLS support in the MTA part of smtpd(8).
- For i386, only start using the rtc for statclock after we have received the first interrupt.
- Initial support for SSL in the MTA part of smtpd(8).
- Always zero the IP checksum field for packets and packet fragments being passed down if using HW checksum offload.
- Make aldap anonymous binds work properly in ypldap(8).
- Added -mplslabel to route(8), to allow IPv4/v6 packets enter MPLS clouds.
- Improved logging in isakmpd(8) for SA delete messages.
- Log warning when ntpd(8) can not read the drift file.
- Added support in mfi(4) for the next generation Megaraid SAS Raid controllers.
- Added "show database intra" command to ospf6ctl(8).
- Teach ospf6d(8) to originate Intra-Area-Prefix LSAs.
- The MPLS code can now act as an edge node and allow IPv4 packets to enter a label switched path and not just forward MPLS packets.
- Remove undocumented support for -e in ex(1).
- Implemented proper multicast support in tsec(4) for the socppc platform.
- Re-added "Category" to the sendbug(1) template.
- Fixed libstdc++ issues where ports would include <math.h> and expect C99 macros in that file to be available.
- Enable -d for the export command of OpenCVS.
- Fix sti(4) font selection.
- When printing the database with ospf6ctl(8), print the right header for Intra-Area-Prefix LSAs.
- Make dhclient(8) use the rtsock filters to restrict which messages it will get on the route socket.
- Updated xf86-video-radeonhd to 1.2.4.
- Added loop detection support in smtpd(8).
- Implemented basic routing socket filtering.
- Prevent hme(4) devices from mapping the full 16M PROM.
- Fix the way the flows are acquired for the "any" network in the ipsec code.
- Make ftp(1) ignore pseudo-directories so recursive transfers do not cause a loop.
- Make ospf6d(8) propagate the neighbours interface ID to the RDE.
- Fix rare pager deadlock in the UVM code.
- Make trunk(4) handle HW VLAN tags being passed down.
- Fix some integer overflows when accounting the used mbuf memory percentage in netstat(1).
- Improved error handling in ypldap(8).
- Make cwm store group state in an X Atom.
- Updated libdrm to 2.4.3.
- Make sure bgpd(8) also does check for highest IP in host byte order.
- Make sure ospfd(8) converts IP addresses to host-byte order before checking which one is smallest.
- Updated Xtrans to 1.2.3.
- Make netstat(1) mark multipath routes with P.
- In route(8), mark multipath routes with P in the show command flags.
- Make ssh(1) work around the CPNI-957037 Plaintext Recovery Attack by always reading 256k of data on packet size or HMAC errors.
- Removed /dev/drum and associated code.
- Added udfu(4), a driver to put dfu-capable devices in dfu-mode for later use with dfu-util.
- Improved time granularity in the NFS code, helps with cache coherency.
- Make NFS propagate O_EXCL flag down to the file systems by setting VA_EXCLUSIVE.
- Added schsio(4), a driver for SMSC SCH311x LPC SuperI/O ICs. Enabled on amd64 and i386 GENERIC kernels.
- Make aucat(1) catch SIGHUP and SIGTERM to ensure that recorded files are properly closed.
- Made re(4) at pci(4) detachable.
- Double the receive space in the nfs_socket code to reduce chance of retransmits.
- Added Moxa CP-104JU to the list of supported puc(4) devices.
- Make libkvm operations on live kernels use the sysctl interface.
- Make sysctl(8) change of the value of kern.clockrate set errno on failure.
- Fix for Sun USB keyboard when getting layout information for Swedish and British country codes.
- Extended ifb(4) code handle XVR-600 and XVR-1200 acceleration.
- Updated time zone data to tzdata2009a.
- Added borderwidth as a cwmrc(5) keyword.
- Added softraid(4) to macppc RAMDISK kernels.
- For i386, install ACPI S3 resume trampoline code in a lowmem page. First part of ACPI S3 suspend/resume support.
- Add support in isakmpd(8) and ipsecctl(8) to install SAs with a different source network than we have negotiated with a peer.
- Make Sparc64 XVR-600 and XVR-1200 devices revert to software routines if acceleration code will not work.
- Added support in umsm(4) for Novatel Wireless Ovation U727 devices.
- Move HEAP_START on mvme88k bootblocks to allocate space below it for ethernet buffers.
- Make sure the NFS attribute set operations perform the same checks as open/read/write.
- Added NFS hooks to ddb(4) to print outstanding nfsreq's and the struct nfsreq.
- Enable atphy(4) for age(4) on amd64 and i386 GENERIC kernels.
- Added support for DS1822 devices in owtemp(4).
- Enabled vrng(4) for sparc64 GENERIC kernels.
- Make alpha ES40 machines recognize environmental change machine checks.
- 32-bit fixes for savecore(8).
- Fix state leak in pf(4) triggered by certain icmp types matching a NAT rule.
- Make it possible for sparc64 to boot from vdsk(4) devices.
- Make azalia(4) support 20 and 24-bit sample formats.
- Fix audio(4) so it can deal with sample precisions that are not a power of 2.
- Make sure vdsk(4) transfers larger than PAGE_SIZE work on sparc64.
- Improved the VIO state machine in the vnet(4) driver on sparc64.
- Fix double free and other memory leaks in ypldap(8).
- Add support for IT8720F devices in the it(4) drivers.
- Initial version of age(4), a driver for the Attansic L1 gigabit ethernet adapter.
- Fix memory leak in the SysV semaphore code.
- Fix macppc installs over serial consoles.
- Removed support for krb4 '.' instance separator in the libc authentication code.
- Add "ESMTP" to the smtpd(8) banner now that it does support some extensions.
- SECURITY FIX: DNSSEC signature validation error in named(8).
A source code patch is available.
[Applied to stable]
- Re-enabled PIE support for powerpc platforms.
- Enable vdsk(4) on sparc64 RAMDISK kernels.
- Added uaudio(4) support to sgi GENERIC kernels.
- Make ssh(1) support the SOCKS4A protocol.
- Added option 150 to dhclient(8), voip-configuration-server as an array of IP addresses.
- Added wcstoimax(3), wcstoumax(3), wcstof(3) and wcstold(3) to libc.
- For amd64 and i386, turn mpbios(4) into a real device so people can disable it.
- Make ypldap(8) check the ypldap.conf(5) permissions, since it may contain secrets.
- Enabled wscons(4) RAWKBD support on sparc64 GENERIC kernels.
- Make the vt100 wscons(4) code recognize CAN and SUB characters.
- Updated xserver to 1.5.3 plus some patches.
- Initial version of sparc64 virtual disk support for sun4v logical domains.
- Remapped the sun type 5 audio mute key to prevent collisions with keypad-equal key on type 4 keyboards.
- Make macppc disklabel(8) walk the Apple partition map to find out the bounds of the OpenBSD area.
- Added RAWKBD support in wscons(4) for sun serial keyboards.
- Revert earlier VFS commit to fix DVD playback.
- Added loopback mode to aucat(1).
- Enabled cbus(4) and vnet(4) on sparc64 GENERIC and RAMDISK kernels.
- Updated xterm(1) to version 239.
- Add support on apple laptops for the volume and CD eject buttons.
- In dhclient(8), use the kernel to set ifam_hdrlen so ABI changes will not cause older clients to stop working.
- Added multicast support to vnet(4).
- Make sure to enable support for RFC2546 TLS extensions to allow for multihomed TLS servers.
- SECURITY FIX: OpenSSL libraries did not correctly check the return value from certain verification functions.
A source code patch is available.
[Applied to stable]
- Updated OpenSSL to 0.9.8j.
- Add support for SDHC cards in the sdmmc(4).
- Fix egress group matching for IPv6 in the interface code.
- Make sure sudo(8) does not try to set the close-on-exec flag on sudoers if we didn't actually open it.
- Added full stub area support in ospfd(8).
- Added urlphy(4) support on amd64 and i386 RAMDISK kernels.
- Added Linksys WUS600N to the list of supported run(4) devices.
- Enabled ipgphy(4) on all arches where stge(4) is supported.
- Added GeForce 9300 GE to the list of supported NVidia chipsets.
- Send broadcast and multicast traffic up to the network stack on all bridge interfaces.
- Updated xterm(1) to version 238.
- Make authpf(8) support group and login class in authpf.allow.
- Updated OpenSSL to 0.9.8i.
- Add 2 missing chunks from the 2.1.12 update of xf86-video-nv, adds support for a bunch of new chipsets.
- Fix various off-by-one errors in the MSDOS file system code by leaving the fsinxtfree field untouched.
- Make the runner process of smtpd(8) able to pause/resume scheduling of deliveries for both mda and mta, also smtpctl(8) can be used to enable/disable deliveries.
- Initial version of vnet(4), a virtual network device for sun4v logical domains on sparc64.
- Added support for CS5535 IDE controllers to pciide(4).
- Make smtpd(8) do aliases/forwards expansion better, removing a race condition.
- Fixed memory leak in ypldap(8).
- Make it possible to boot sparc64 from devices on cbus(4).
- Enabled run(4) on amd64 and i386 GENERIC kernels.
- Initial version of run(4), a driver for Ralink RT2700U/2800U/3000U USB 802.11n devices.
- Updated the microcode for RT2870/3070-based rum(4) devices.
- Add support in ospf6d(8) for originating router LSAs over point-to-point links.
- Accelerate solid fills and inverted cursor on ifb(4) for sparc64.
- Make savecore(8) handle core files larger than 2G.
- Added support in the openmoko platform for the display found on GTA01.
- Fix ssh(1) KEXGEX hash calculations.
- Fix hangs in ssh(1) when connecting to a server that has MaxSessions=0.
- Changed the ISO week number calculations in cal(1).
- Initial version of ifb(4), a driver for sparc64 wildcat-based framebuffers.
- Updated mkfontscale to 1.0.6 and xedit to 1.1.2.
- Added cbus(4) to sparc64, a virtual bus for devices that use logical domain channels as found on sun4v.
- Make man(1) -S option case insensitive.
- Initialize the sample rate converter on ES1371-based ac97(4) chips to 48KHz.
- Added extra paranoia for malloc(3) by protecting the main bookkeeping data.
- Handle cases in fsck_ffs(8) where remsize can go negative and cause SEGVs.
- Fix compiling i386 kernels without apm(4).
- Updated root.hint, added IPv6 address for the L-root server.
- Plug some memory leakage in the ypldap(8) parser.
- Make cdio(1) work with aucat(1) regardless of the buffer size used.
- RELIABILITY FIX: Reception of an invalid update with 4-byte AS attributes allows a third party to close remote BGP sessions.
A source code patch is available.
[Applied to stable]
- Added ifb(4) to sparc64 GENERIC kernels.
- Use hardware acceleration for scrolling in ifb(4) on sparc64, avoids overlay artifacts.
- Fix libc file descriptor leak in fts_children().
- Added accelerated putchar routines for sparc tcx(4) consoles.
- Fix race condition in ls(1).
- Added support in softraid(4) for non-disk devices.
- Plugged a couple of memory leaks in netstat(1).
- Make tty EVFILT_WRITE filters return the amount of space remaining in the write buffer.
- Added -S and -s options to apropos(1).
- Fix two mbuf leaks in the arpresolve code.
- Added basic acceleration code for sparc tcx(4) graphics.
- Fixed double brightness increments on some newer Thinkpads.
- Removed deprecated xf86-video-i810 and xf86-video-nsc.
- Reenabled xf86-video-i740 and xf86-video-voodoo.
- Make bge(4) schedule a timeout if it can't put enough packets on the RX ring.
- Add firmware load for iSight first generation devices to uvideo(4).
- Use the RXO (RX Overflow) interrupt in em(4) to try to refill the RX ring.
- On amd64 and i386, let ctrl-alt-del enter ddb(4) if ddb.console=1 and machdep.kbdreset=2.
- Make the "machine xir" ddb(4) command work on pyro(4)-equipped machines.
- Imported first bits of SMTP AUTH support in smtpd(8).
- Sync some bits in sudo(8) with 1.7.0.
- Make aucat(1) use simple linear interpolation in the resampling code.
- Various fixes for smtpd(8).
- Make systat(1) print interface livelocks if non-zero.
- Make acpi(4) code a bit smarter when picking IRQs from the list of possible IRQs.
- Added support in ripd(8) for demotion counters.
- Rewrote the systat(1) mbuf page to display mbuf usage information from system pools.
- Make it possible to edit a merged file in sysmerge(8) with an external editor.
- Implemented a "machine xir" command for ddb(4) for sparc64.
- Fix sparc64 IPI-related panics when returning from send_softint().
- Made ospfd(8) and bgpd(8) routing priority aware.
- Added support in ifconfig(8) to set an interface priority.
- Introduced an if_priority that will be added to static routes without an explicit priority. Allows to specify less preferred interfaces that take over if the primary interface loses link.
- Fix HW crypto on ral(4) devices.
- Bumped the isakmpd(8) RSA host key size to 2048 bits.
- Prevent cdio(1) from faulting when /dev/audio is busy.
- Added Qualcomm AC8700 modem to the list of supported ubsa(4) devices.
- Convert bgpctl(8) aggregator AS number into host byte order when diplayed in "show rib detail".
- When booting from a CD on amd64 and i386, assume the root filesystem is on the CD instead of asking for it every time.
- libstdc++ bump to handle integer argument for the math functions.
- Added 80-bit and quad precision trigonometric functions to libm.
- Libc work on long doubles and 3BSD-versions of finite().
- Added non-blocking support for xdrrecs in the xdr(3) code.
- Disable ~C escape handling on multiplexed ssh(1) sessions.
- Rewrote renice(8) to be POSIX compliant.
- Added ability in uvideo(4) to load firmware for devices which require it.
- Change handling of redirections in relayd(8) with the sticky-address option set.
- When resampling in aucat(1), do not require the sample frequency to be an integer.
- Make acpiprt(4) handle interrupt routing better and delay re-routing until a handler for it is established.
- Added option to systat(1) to order the pool view by size and number of pages.
- Added ability in smtpd(8) to specify an interface instead of an address to listen on.
- Changed the way relayd(8) reports errors.
- New smtpctl(8) app to control smtpd.
- Added ethertype 0x88a8 to tcpdump(8) for stacked VLAN packets.
- For vic(4), enable 9k frames again, new mbuf allocator in place that works.
- Added support in em(4) for ICH9 IGP M and IGP M AMT chipsets.
- Initial import of the vscsi(4) device, somewhat like a tun(4) devices which sends scsi commands up to userland for handling.
- Initial versions of newaliases/makemap application to be used with smtpd(8).
- Allow iwn(4) and wpi(4) users to select a fixed rate.
- Fix USB packet size handling in uvideo(4).
- Make ssh(1) follow RFC 4254 instead of triggering 'Non-public channel' error messages on some sshd systems.
- Preliminary support in iwn(4) for Intel WiFi Link 5150.
- Initial support for neighbor expiry in dvmrpd(8).
- Added Huawei E510 to the list of supported umsm(4) devices.
- Updated xf86-video-intel to 2.4.3.
- Initial version of the bt.conf(5) file.
- In jme(4), configure clock source for TX mac/offload engines. Required for JMC261-based devices.
- Remove ukbd support for keyboard/mouse over bluetooth on landisk GENERIC kernels.
- Make uvideo(4) set up three isoc transfers at a time to not miss frames.
- Added initial support in re(4) for 8168D/8111D-based devices.
- Added sndio support to cdio(1).
- Fix for 64-bit high-speed isoc USB transfers in ehci(4).
- Initial gpiodcf(4) driver that attaches to a GPIO pin, decodes the signal from an attached DCF77, HG or TDF receiver and provides a timedelta.
- Make growfs(8) refuse to work on dirty filesystems, and set the filesystem to dirty when done, to force fsck afterwards.
- Initial driver for the Netgear WG1111v2 RTL8187-based devices in urtw(4).
- Enabled bluetooth on alpha, amd64, armish, hppa, i386, landisk, macppc, sparc64 and zaurus GENERIC kernels.
- Better avoid network livelock by adding a timeout that will reduce high water marks on network interfaces if we never get below softclock.
- Fix pf(4) state linking for v6-over-v4 gif(4) tunnels.
- Only allow to set gpio(4) pin configuration on securelevel 0. Also allows to give the pin names.
- Initial port of the xscale based gumstix platform and the ARM based OpenMoko.
- Implemented btd(8) config reloading.
- Move em(4) RX ring allocation to have 4 mbufs and then allocate more on demand.
- Switch buffer usage in wd(4) to a simple m_devget() call to copy a packet from the RX DMA ring.
- Imported btd(8) and btctl(8), Bluetooth daemon and control utility.
- Fix panic at attach in uvideo(4) by sanitizing wrong bDefaultFrameIndex values.
- Imported btsco(4) into the Bluetooth stack.
- Introduced route hold down in dvmrpd(8).
- Move vic(4) from the 4k to the 9k jumbo allocator.
- Enable the 8, 9, 12, 16 and 64k backend allocators for mbuf clusters.
- Initial support in ospfd(8) for stub areas.
- Make the kernel allow allocations larger than PAGE_SIZE from pools.
- Queue tc randomness when available, to improve the early arc4random() calls.
- Allow entropy to be queued before randomattach() is called.
- Fix old make(1) bug.
- Move vic(4) jumbo frame allocator to use the second RX ring and populate it with 4k frames.
- Move the cardbus code use workq.
- Add -A and -D to gpioctl(8) to attach and detach gpio devices at runtime.
- Move vic(4) to the new cluster allocator so it can start out with 4 mbufs on the ring and allocate more on demand.
- Add several backend pools to allocate kernel mbuf clusters of various sizes out of.
- Implemented link-state tracking on the routing table.
- Make the random pool seed with the dmesg buffer at randomattach() so early arc4random() calls return something unique on different machines.
- Prevent infinite loop in bc(1).
- Reworked sdmmc(4) locking to remove recursion.
- Make sure we handle ext2fs with big inodes.
- Added softraid(4) support for aoe(4).
- Move inteldrm vblank data allocations to attach, not at irq enable.
- Removed the final bits of pccom(4).
- Enable bio(4) on mpi(4).
- Fix IPv6 related crashes by checking cached v6 routes to make sure they are still valid.
- In the installer scripts, create new bpf(4) device files whenever a dhclient is started to allow for multiple interfaces being configured with DHCP during install and upgrades.
- Move the DRM drivers from attaching to the VGA bus to a similar scheme as the audio(4) interfaces, making it essentially bus independent.
- Make bge(4) perform bus_dmamap_syncs on the RX mbufs.
- Allow wired memory on i386 to be accounted. Users are now allowed to call mlock, while the limit is imposed by the current MLIMIT_MEMLOCK.
- Move i386, amd64 and sparc64 to cpu_unidle, to replace what signotify used to do.
- Enabled a use-after-free protection for kernel memory pools.
- Fix in ahci(4) for some NVidia MCP77 AHCI controllers.
- Re-enabled ACPI PDC support for amd64 machines.
- Make config(8) enable selected by attribute work.
- Synced the bluetooth code with NetBSD.
- Relax FAT sanity checks so any two-byte jmp followed by a NOP or a three-byte jmp will be acceptable as preamble to a FAT boot sector.
- Moved Option Globetrotter GT Fusion from ubsa(4) to umsm(4).
- Reverted -fpie for powerpc.
- Make bgpd(8) track nexthops when the underlying route is changing.
- Backout the new powerpc interrupt subsystem, some bug still left to find.
- Make ssh(1) disconnect on padding errors too.
- In dvmrpd(8), introduce support for flash updates.
- Make both aucat(1) and audio(4) backends use the AUDIODEVICE environment variable to determine the sockets or device to use.
- Move allocations between half a page and a page as close to the end of the page as possible.
- Reduce the leeway malloc(3) allows when moving allocations to the end of a page to 0.
- Do not reset the TX threshold value in xl(4) when xl_init() is called, also make sure the TX queue is empty before clearing the watchdog timer.
- Make azalia(4) jack sensors available as read-only mixer items.
- Add HP P711m and P721m to the list of supported ciss(4) devices.
- Use the generic azalia(4) mixer configuration for Realtek ALC codecs. Adds output.master to ALC885 and ALC888.
- Allow aucat(1) to listen on multiple sockets.
- In aucat(1), make clients inherit the volume parameter when the -v option is used in server mode.
- Make sure wpi(4) and iwn(4) clear pending interrupts in the driver attach routine.
- Make ipsecctl(8) differ between IPV4_ADDR and IPV4_ADDR_SUBNET depending on if you add a "/32" on the address or not to help interop with other IKE implementations.
- Upgraded sudo(8) to 1.7.
- Add support for ST's chips in the sdtemp(4) driver.
- Help the 802.11 code to mitigate the MIC failure notification attack to guess the CRC.
- Added support in gcc(1) for Position Independent Executables, PIE. Adds -fpie and -fPIE flags.
- Enabled support in gdb(1) for debugging PIE programs.
- Make aucat(1) expose the volume knob in server mode too.
- Use RFC2409-compliant notification messages in isakmpd(8) when client identities are not valid during phase 2.
- Make aucat(1) in non-server mode terminate when it is idle.
- Make sure any kernel operations done with a process's directories are atomic and not after sleeping.
- In aucat(1), add a per-stream "soft volume".
- Fixes for monop(6) rules when buying hotels.
- Added eMPIA Technology 2761 to the list of supported uvideo(4) devices.
- Added BULK xfer support to uvideo(4).
- Make aucat(1) stop the audio device if it is idle when in server mode.
- Prevent apps that poll a stopped sndio device from using 100% CPU.
- New agp(4) attach code, similar to how audio(4) attaches.
- New bpf(4) code to create VLAN encapsulation from the tag stored in the mbuf header.
- Make the kernel fork code allocate required space for systrace early so we are sure the activation code wont sleep in sensitive places.
- Major overhaul of wpi(4) to bring in HW CCMP encryption/decryption among other things. Requires new wpi-firmware.
- RELIABILITY FIX: Problems with DH0_DHCP_OPTIONS_OVERLOAD in dhcpd(8).
A source code patch is available.
[Applied to stable]
- Add malloc and bucket views to systat(1).
- Added new sysctl(8) ddb.trigger to take the OS into the ddb(4) debugger if ddb.console=1 and the write comes from the actual console tty.
- Fixes for trunk(4) LACP code to help it work with Catalyst 3500s.
- Better initialization for BCM5906 based bge(4) devices.
- Set default coalescence factor to 64 for both RX and TX on jme(4) devices.
- Make libsndio expose the block size in the sndio API.
- Fix for gem(4) TX FIFO threshold underruns.
- Set default acceleration for i830 graphic chips to EXA.
- Set the IFCAP_VLAN_MTU for aue(4), axe(4), mos(4) and url(4) so they are allowed to transmit full sized VLAN tagged frames.
- Added support for iso8859-13 in lynx(1).
- Various aucat(1) CPU usage reductions.
- Added support for the J-PAKE password protocol to ssh(1), not enabled by default.
- Various make(1) improvements.
- Reduce aucat(1) CPU usage when only channel conversion are required.
- Updated xf86-video-nv to 2.1.12 and xf86-video-openchrome to 0.2.903.
- For iwn(4) devices, add HW CCMP encryption/decryption support of unicast frames.
- Added ~x support to mail(1).
- Updated xf86-video-sunffb to 1.2.0.
- Added support for w83627dhg devices in the i2c driver.
- Updated xserver to 1.5.2 in the xenocara tree.
- Updated Mesa to 7.2 in the xenocara tree.
- Added a view in systat(1) that shows pool(9) information.
- Disabled portalfs in the GENERIC kernels.
- Initial version of smtpd(8), an smtp server implementation.
- Updated xf86-video-radeonhd to 1.2.3.
- For systat(1), improve reporting of cache misses in the vmstat view.
- In azalia(4), add support for converter groups where members have non-identical sample size and rate capabilities.
- Fix building of trunk(4) for non-INET6 kernels.
- Use msleep() in the reaper code, to prevent it from losing events.
- Make arp resolving less prone to loose packets by queueing small burst of packets.
- Added support in emu(4) for Audigy 2 Value based devices.
- Add bio(4) support to cac(4).
- In pf(4), skip 'urpf-failed' test for IPv6 link local addresses.
- Avoid infinite recursion in the gcc(1) stack protection code.
- Added support for multiple pflow(4) interfaces.
- Do DNS resolution in a separate process for ypldap(8).
- Various updates to the bio(4) support in ami(4).
- Added beginnings of bio(4) support for mpi(4).
- Feed IPv6 flow label in trunk(4) hash calculation.
- for trunk(4), show the ACTIVE flag in ifconfig(8) for the single interface that is active in failover mode.
- Re-added TX Vlan tag insertion on nge(4), and RX Vlan tag stripping for nfe(4).
- Fix for 4-channel output on auich(4) for SiS 7012-based devices.
- Try harder to use ACPI on i386 machines.
- Updated Time Zone data to tzdata2008i.
- In azalia(4) for AD1984 based devices, connect headphones to the proper DAC.
- Plug mbuf leak in the NFS RPC record error case.
- Added minimal audio server capability to aucat(1).
- Make pkg_create(1) default to sha256.
- Added auacer(4) to amd64 and i386 GENERIC kernels.
- Fix for "uvm_km thread out of memory" situation.
- Added S/PDIF output support for ac97(4), auich(4) and auvia(4).
- Enabled 4 and 6 channel support in auich(4).
- Added mos(4) to amd64, i386, macppc and sparc64 GENERIC and RAMDISK kernels.
- Initial version of a mos(4) driver for MOSCHIP MCS7x30 USB Ethernet chips.
- For older IT8712 based it(4) chips, round up to nearest minute 16-bit timeout.
- Make azalia(4) power down the codec if it has no audio functions groups.
- Make pflogd(8) log pcap stats upon SIGUSR1.
- Added FAN4 and FAN5 support to IT87(16,18,26) based it(4) devices.
- Add TX vlan tag insertion and RX vlan tag stripping to stge(4) and vge(4).
- Added bpf/tcpdump support to pflow(4).
- RX vlan stripping for xge(4).
- Re-added TX vlan insertion and RX vlan stripping for ixgb(4) interfaces.
- For jme(4), enable support for RX checksum offload, RX vlan stripping and TX vlan insertion.
- RX vlan stripping for ti(4) and bnx(4).
- Re-added RX vlan tag stripping to bge(4), and em(4), and TX vlan insertion for em(4).
- In mpe(4), prevent users from assigning reserved labels to interfaces.
- Make ftp(1) handle resume when local file does not exist.
- Added S/PDIF support in azalia(4).
- Make bridge(4) handle interfaces with and without hardware vlan tag support and forward packets inbetween.
- Make -a default for usbhidctl(1).
- Make the vlan(4) code drop promiscuously received packets if the vlan interface is not in promiscuous mode itself.
- Added support in tcpdump(8) for IEEE LACP and MARKER protocols as per 802.3ad.
- Make PPPoE sessions IDs unique per receiving interface so interfaces can reuse it on different networks.
- Added ichiic(4) driver for ICH10.
- Make -a default for radioctl(1).
- In the azalia(4) driver, remove unconnected pins from connection and mixer lists.
- Make random(9) return per-cpu values.
- Enabled inteldrm and radeondrm on both amd64 and i386 GENERIC kernels.
- Make the kernel random device yield between copying out large chunks of random data to userspace.
- Enabled ypldap(8) in normal builds.
- Added support for referrals and lists of attributes to ypldap(8).
- Make MPLS handle IPv4 and IPv6 explicit null labels.
- Try to get MAC address from jme(4) devices even though the imported driver was trying to randomize one for us.
- Added a method in libpciaccess to read the legacy BIOS region on alpha/amd64/i386.
- Updated xedit to 1.1.1 and xf86-input-mutouch to 1.2.1.
- Rewrite of iwn(4), added support for Intel WiFi Link 5000 series adapters. Requires an iwn-firmware upgrade, even for 4965AGN devices.
- Disabled IPv6 PCB linking for UDP packets.
- Updated Time Zone data to tzdata2008g.
- Updated xf86-video-tseng to 1.2.0, xf86-video-tdfx to 1.4.0, xf86-video-voodoo to 1.2.0 and xf86-video-vmware to 10.16.5.
- Updated xf86-video-s3 to 0.6.0, xf86-video-s3virge to 1.10.1, xf86-video-savage to 2.2.1 and xf86-video-trident to 1.3.0.
- Updated xf86-video-i128 to 1.3.1, xf86-video-i740 to 1.2.0 and xf86-video-rendition to 4.2.0.
- Updated xf86-video-vesa to 2.0.0, xf86-video-intel to 2.4.2 and xf86-video-glint to 1.2.1.
- Adjusted the socppc platform to the redesigned powerpc interrupt architecture.
- Make vcons(4) on sparc64 interrupt driven.
- For re(4) devices, use hardware timer to simulate interrupt moderation.
- Fix kernel internal pool allocator to check for PR_WAITOK instead of M_NOWAIT.
- Removed /dev/prandom.
- Improve -X output in tcpdump(8) for PPP packets.
- Added rum(4) to the mips64 GENERIC kernel.
- Added missing spl(9) in the azalia(4) driver for codec command setting/retrieval.
- Teach rcs(1) about $OpenBSD$ expansions.
- When adding a new user with user(8), do not move YP lines to the end of the file.
- For amd64 and i386, skip memory areas smaller than 1 MB above the 16 MB boundary to deal with buggy ACPI BIOSes.
- Prevent crash in socket timeout code by handling HZ calculations with unsigned numbers to prevent negative results.
- Plug memory leak in snmpd(8) after sending a trap.
- Support setting PermitEmptyPasswords in a Match block in sshd_config(5).
- Added an -y option to ssh(1) to force logging via syslog rather than stderr.
- Make pppd(8) report both IP addresses if the setup fails due to either the local or the destination address already exists.
- Make vmstat(8) handle interrupt rate calculations over 2 billions.
- Make sed(1) handle arbitrarily long lines. Also plug a memory leak.
- For "gunzip -N", store the extracted file if the header has no directory as if the -N was not specified.
- Make systat(1) in pftop mode print child queues right under their respective interface root queues.
- Make mtree(8) return the correct exit codes for extra files.
- Enabled GL for libraries but not the X server on SGI mips64 machines.
- Added uhci(4) at cardbus(4) on amd64 and i386 GENERIC kernels.
- Fix alpha ieeefp emulation code when converting doubles to unsigned long ints.
- Prevent sed(1) 'l' command from encoding newlines.
- Make sure page 0 is selected when initializing the eephy(4).
- Fix memory leak in the acpi(4) dsdt scope evaluation code.
- Better signal protection against races in authpf(8).
- If lii(4) driver fails to read the MAC address from the eeprom, fallback to reading the MAC address registers.
- If mpi(4) fails to fetch a config page for a SAS target, let the scsi midlayer try to probe it again.
- Make pcidump(8) dump PCI devices from all the domains available in the system.
- Make fstat(1), pstat(8) and some sysctl(8) entries hide file offsets and other information unless the user is the owner or superuser.
- Do not exit in httpd(8) if the logfile specified on the command line can not be created due to a path component not existing.
- Updated awk(1) to version 20071023.
- In ehci(4), don't force multi transaction endpoints down to single transactions.
- Add missing checks for sc_focus in the wscons(4) driver.
- Updated Time Zone data to tzdata2008g and code to tzcode2008g.
- Make sendbug(1) parse all arguments before it starts working.
- Fix for em(4) link state getting stuck in LINK_STATE_UNKNOWN.
- Added a pciutils like pci.ids file in xenocara for libpciaccess.
- When closing the video stream in uvideo(4), switch back to the default interface as a last action.
- Make libc malloc(3) avoid splitting up regions when purging stuff from the cache and also, when increasing the size of an allocation, try mapping the region next to the existing one first.
- For amd64 DDB, make extra CPUs 'hlt' instead of spin in a tight loop.
- Added new -D option to spamd-setup(8) to daemonize on early startup.
- In quiz(6), fix long group handling.
- 64-bit fix for adventure(6) save files.
- Make sigwait(3) work correctly for some cases where the signal could be diverted but sigwait(3) would still block.
- Repair ppp(8) "set reconnect random 0".
- Cleanup of ethernet ioctl(2) handling, also makes drivers return the correct errno of ENOTTY instead of EINVAL/ENXIO when encountering unknown ioctl's.
- Fix ld.so(1) mmap(2) error checking to be correct 64-bit addresses.
- Fix auvia(4) ring descriptor problem by not using the 256th descriptor.
- Fix for huntd(6) and add -b option to allow it to run in the background.
- Added the IBM 4810 SCC to the list of supported puc(4) devices.
- Fix in pf(4) when using sticky-address and a matching pass rule uses reply-to.
- Make closed, disconnected or otherwise failed sockets still return stat information.
- Implemented pf.conf(5) "set state-defaults X" to list state options to apply to all rules which do not have explicit "keep state" rules.
- Added POSIX character class support for fnmatch(3) and glob(3).
- Make sure received IPv6 neighbor solicitations which isn't from the unspecified address match one of the interfaces address prefixes.
- Make lockspool(1) use the real uid instead of getlogin().
- Fix in the libc DB code for sequential retrieval failures when using large key/data pairs.
- Make acpiasus(4) handle the two ACPI events sent from the display cycle key.
- Better stability for hppa machines by more aggressive cache flushing.
- Provide a scsi probe hook in mpi(4) that checks if an atapi device is plugged into SAS mpi(4) variants.
- Make the macppc properly count memory where OpenFirmware reports zero-sized entries in between filled memory banks.
- Make w(1) properly display files with embedded colons being transferred via ftp.
- Make ftpd(8) always say "User %s access denied" in all cases to avoid problems when parsing the results. Also do not close the connection on 530 results.
- Fix "-m mode" in conjunction with the -p flag for mkdir(1).
- Fix occasional mfs-related panic on reboot.
- Fix in lynx(1) gopher code.
- Added Xinerama and XRandR dual head support in cwm(1).
- Added jme(4) to sparc64 GENERIC and RAMDISK kernels.
- Added I-O DATA PCET/TX-R to the list of supported ne(4) devices.
- When running syslogd(8) in debug mode, prevent closing of random file descriptor.
- Updated perl(1) to 5.10.0.
- Fix logic in bgpd(8) where IPv6 prefixes would match on a simple "deny from any prefix 0.0.0.0/0".
- Enabled jme(4) JMicron Ethernet on amd64 and i386 GENERIC and RAMDISK kernels.
- Use pools to do memory allocations for all sizes that are less or equal to the page size.
- Allow relayd(8) to listen on a port range for redirections.
- Make it possible for ospfd(8) to learn new interfaces during runtime.
- Make sure we clear the PF state key when a IP (v4 or v6) exits a gif(4) tunnel.
- Updated isp(4) 12160 firmware from 10.04.32 to 10.04.41.
- Initial implementation of 802.11x PMKSA caching and pre-authentication.
- Add support in agp(4) to attach Intel Q35 integrated video.
- Added support in snmpd(8) to add an additional restricted control socket.
- Added support in ftp(1) for proxies with password.
- Added a jme(4) driver for the JMicron JMC250/260 Ethernet controllers.
- Added a driver for the Attansic F1 PHY.
- Fix vr(4) panic seen under high load.
- Updated xterm(1) to version 237 and pixman to 0.12.0.
- Stop uvm(9) from merging userland map entries.
- Added support in uath(4) for Philips SNU6500.
- Make cwm(1) display the current window title, not a previous one in the case of "show all" in the window search dialogue.
- Make X on sparc64 stop messing with the PCI BARs. Makes the ATI driver work again on Ultra5/10.
- Perform mvme197 latency timer reprogramming on the boot blocks, in addition to the kernel.
- Fix problems and races with POSIX file locking.
- Increase the maximum length of the #! interpreter path from 64 to 128.
- Initial infrastructure to support hardware VLAN tag stripping.
- Reworked drm locking in xenocara.
- Fix ftp(1) for gcc2 architectures.
- Added a flag to procmap(1) to print amap usage.
- Redesigned powerpc interrupt architecture.
- Fix crash in pflow(4) on a not correctly configured pflow interface.
- Added a key in sysmerge(8) to see a diff between the merged file and the new or old file.
- Make rcs(1) and OpenCVS use getlogin(2) when committing as root (or via su(1)/sudo(8)).
- Fix probing on SGI machines for com@ioc.
- Updated xf86-video-cirrus to 1.2.1.
- Added support in gdb(1) for reading auxiliary vectors.
- Make it possible to get the ELF auxiliary vector through ptrace(2).
- Added netstat(8) statistics for pflow(4).
- Added support in DDB for SMP powerpc machines.
- Enabled dirty buffer detection in mg(1).
- Updated timezone data files to tzdata2008f.
- Removed deprecated applications from xenocara, including lbxproxy, xphelloworld, xplsprinters and xprehashprinterlist.
- Added xcompmgr(1) to xenocara.
- Make ftpd(8) not split large commands into multiple commands on a 512-byte boundary. Prevents some attacks.
- Allow a user defined MERGE_CMD to be used in sysmerge(8).
- Plugged two memory leaks in OpenCVS while using -r argument with various CVS commands.
- Make OpenCVS be very conservative about state changes with "admin -s".
- Make sure the IPv6 icmp mbuf recycle code clears the recorded pf(4) state information.
- In acpitz(4), try to send fan commands to "power resources" objects, makes some HP laptops run cooler and quieter.
- For ntpd(8), move DNS lookups to its own process so it will not block ntp.
- Make the uvm(9) waste less memory for amaps.
- Fix for dc(4) watchdog timer, and make sure we don't clear IFF_OACTIVE unless there are at least 6 free TX descriptors available.
- Make the NFS kq code issue a NOTE_TRUNCATE if the file size has shrunk.
- Fix acpitz(4) Thermal Zone entities parsing when they are named object references instead of direct object references.
- Make some dc(4) devices with broken DC_ISR_RX_STATE poll for RX packets, fixes trunk(4) usage on affected interfaces.
- Added support for the ARM9e core to the ARM platform.
- Added support for 16-pin PCA9555 devices in pcagpio(4).
- Fix memory free error in bgpd(8) when carp_demote_get encounters an error.
- 64-bit fixes for acpidump(1).
- When waking a specific process sleeping on a unique address, don't traverse the full wakeup queue.
- Reenabled PF state key linking.
- Added 40-bit GART support for PCIE devices in the ATI drm code.
- Fix possible incorrect option handling in dhcpd(8).
- Added SparkLAN WCFM-100 to the list of supported malo(4) devices.
- Fix printing by group name in ifconfig(8).
- Added pflow(4), a NetFlow v5 compatible flow export interface.
- Make eephy(4) recognize Marvell 88E1116R Gig PHY.
- Added ftp(1) option so it can get only newer files (-n) and specify maxdepth (-d) of recurrence.
- Enable support in printf(1) for %a, %A and %F.
- Make vmstat(1) show InUse rather than Releases for pools.
- Fixed link state issue in bge(4).
- Update code for relative priorities of 802.3 Selector Field value so 100Base-T4 does not have higher priority than 100Base-TX Full duplex.
- Major libm overhaul.
- Updated inputproto to 1.4.4 and xinput to 1.3.0.
- Allow some ifconfig(8) set-style commands to have zero arguments.
- Updated OpenSSL to 0.9.8h.
- Make pkg-config(1) exit with a 0 return code when started with --help.
- Make bgpd(8) ignore unknown SAFIs in the MP capabilities.
- Make ls(1) -ln and -nl combination behave identically, same for -gn and -ng. Also allow -m and -x to override -1Cgln if specified last.
- For mount_vnd(8), replace -s (sector size) option with more general -t (disktype) option which makes the vnd device emulate the geometry of the specified disktab(5) entry.
- Make restore(8) start with a max tape buffer rather than 1/2 of the max, allows for automatic recognition of dumps written with 64k buffers.
- Prevent possible overflow in carp(4) when the sum of all demotion counters gets bigger than 255.
- Make cwm(1) keep exec menu entries sorted.
- Make sure sysmerge(8) leaves no leftovers from sendmail in src when it stops unexpectedly.
- Make lpd(8) more careful in checking disk space.
- Make systat(1) pftop mode display direction In/Out/Any for rule display, not just In/Out.
- Add interrupt mitigation for Intel i9xx user_irq, should save a bit of power.
- Make sure inet_pton(3) does not overflow for large prefixes.
- Switched ath(4) to softcrypto to enable support for WPA/WPA2.
- Make sure the re(4) driver takes the PHY out of power down mode before probing for PHY.
- Fix vi(1) cscope support in the case that someone provided a filename without a directory.
- Added support for AMD Family 11h (Turion X2 Ultra et al) in km(4).
- Fix re(4) multicast/promiscuous handling.
- Added WPA support to iwi(4).
- Make sure the bwi(4) driver does not try to attach rev 2 BCM431[1-2] chipsets, as they require v4 firmware and bwi(4) currently uses v3.
- Added WPA support for ipw(4).
- Fix for xf86-input-elographics, would get stuck in an infinite loop.
- Initial driver auacer(4) added to sparc64 GENERIC, for Acer Laber M5455 integrated sound found on recent Ultra workstations.
- Enabled uvideo(4) on sgi GENERIC kernels.
- Updated xf86-input-keyboard to 1.3.1.
- Updated xwd to 1.0.2, xwininfo to 1.0.4 and libXau to 1.0.4.
- Fix length check in PPPoE when parsing discovery phase packets.
- Added C-c target to mg(1) so you can bind ctrl-c ctrl-c in your ~/.mg file.
- Fixed 128-bit divisions in gcc(1) for amd64.
- Fix an uvideo(4) panic on sparc64 by aligning data in a struct better.
- Fixed a couple of problems in the gem(4) driver that make the devices to get stuck.
- Updated libdrm to 2.3.1.
- Plug potential memory leak in the uvm_amap code.
- Updated xterm(1) to update 236.
- SGI machines now get an installXX.iso image to install from.
- Added support for usb(4) devices on sgi.
- Make NFS correctly invalidate attribute cache entries in case the vnode mode changes.
- Added support in uvideo(4) for processing unit controls.
- Stop making sd(4) report CHS information, since it mostly is lies.
- Updated xf86-video-chips to 1.2.0 and xf86-input-mouse to 1.3.0.
- Added support for Gunze touchpanels, found on Panasonic Toughbook CF-27.
- Updated xf86-video-ark to 0.7.0 and xf86-video-ast to 0.85.0.
- Make xf86-video-sunffb build on sparc64 machines.
- Updated the xenocara input code for: magellan, microtouch, mutouch, palmax, penmount, summa, tek4957, ur98 and vmmouse.
- Updated the xenocara input code for: acecad, calcomp, citron, digitaledge, dmc, dynapro, elo2300, elographics, fpit, hyperpen, jamstudio and xf86-input-joystick.
- Make mbstowcs() return the correct length of the wchar_t string in some cases.
- Fixed the libc wcschr() function.
- For Vax machines, let lkms(4) support VSXXX-AB tablets in addition to the mice already supported.
- Smarter implementation of calloc(3), based on mmap(2) returning zero filled pages.
- Merge crunchgen(1) and crunchide(1) into one, and move to usr.sbin.
- Make sure OpenBSD sets _POSIX_JOB_CONTROL and _POSIX_SAVED_IDS to the correct values.
- Set the PIE address range on hppa, mips and sh to minimize mmap pressure.
- Make ftp(1) commands which toggle settings take an explicit on or off argument.
- In the libc getgrouplist code, after spotting a + record, continue scanning and pick up later groups in the file.
- Added sbus support code to xenocara to be able to support the sunffb driver.
- Updated the xf86-video-siliconmotion driver to 1.6.0.
- Updated freetype in xenocara to 2.3.7.
- Make ssh(1) allow ForceCommand internal-sftp with arguments.
- Initial minimal graphics driver for VAXstation 3[58}x0 LEGSS option. Limited to 8 bit and no acceleration.
- Enabled support for socket maps in sendmail(8).
- Make gzip(1) use and report errors the inflate(3) can return.
- Allow devices attaching at boot to be disabled in UKC.
- Made it possible to enter DDB on macppc from a serial console.
- Added DLink DWA-110 to the list of supported rum(4) devices.
- Added support for the "Firefox" VAXstation 30 workstation machines.
- Added stge(4) and gentbi(4) to hppa GENERIC and RAMDISK kernels.
- Updated pcc from the master repo. Can now compile both userland and kernel (with some patches).
- Let m4(1) be more liberal in include handling and stop skipping spaces outside of parentheses.
- Added an option to force TCP lookups in resolv.conf(5) and extend nameserver declaration syntax to support port numbers.
- Fix acpi(4) dsdt parsing causing panics on the Asus eeePC 1000H when attaching the acpiasus(4) driver.
- Make mount_vnd(8) accept a sector size to be specified by the user when configuring a vnd(4) device.
- Added a VIDIOC_ENUM_FRAMESIZES ioctl to uvideo(4) so applications can query the available formats and resolutions of a device.
- Initial import of a driver for the integrated random number generator of the UltraSPARC T2.
- For amd64 and i386 on some newer Turion CPUs with the C1E 'feature', running a hlt instruction with both cores kills the timer. Disable that 'feature'.
- Added the 8139D PCI id to the rl(4) device list.
- Fix out-of-bounds memory access in Mesa.
- Fix multiple addition errors for amd64 and i386 when extended partitions are just before an OpenBSD partition in an MBR.
- Added BIP, Broadcast/Multicast Integrity Protocol defined in P802.11w to provide integrity and replay protection for broadcast/multicast management frames.
- Make the 802.11 code maintain a count of TKIP and CCMP replayed frames.
- Initial implementation of the HMAC-MD5, HMAC-SHA1, HMAC-SHA256, AES-128-CMAC and AES Key Wrap algorithms.
- Basic ELF header bounds check in config(8) to avoid crashes on truncated kernels.
- Add support for RX/TX checksum offload on newer re(4) chipsets.
- Plug a memory leak in ksh(1) when freeing I/O redirection in commands.
- Added hw.cpuspeed for all sparc64 CPU types.
- Added hw.setperf support for UltraSPARC-IIe-based sparc64 machines.
- Prevent buffer underrun in fingerd(8).
- Stop demoting USB2 uvideo(4) devices to USB1, instead let them attach to ehci(4) since we have isoc support.
- Add support for VAXstation 30 to the bootlocks, currently limited to serial console.
- Use STICK logic on UltraSPARC-IIe-based sparc64 machines to generate clock interrupts.
- Add hypervisor calls on sparc64 for the Sun4v random number generator interface.
- Added support for isochronous xfer support for ehci(4).
- Add Jumbo support flag to MCP79-based nfe(4) devices.
- Added fr-dvorak-be'po layout as fr.dvorak for PS/2 and USB keyboards.
- Allow creation and use of ffs filesystems on non-512 byte sectorsize devices. Only i386 and sgi for now.
- Make relayd(8) add a $SERVER_NAME variable which is "OpenBSD relayd" by default.
- Fix possible memory leaks in relayd(8) chunked encoding handler.
- In relayd(8), support HTTP responses that neither specify a Content-Length header nor chunked encoding.
- Do not latch the IPSec tdb to the inpcb unconditionally, since packets could get encrypted unintentionally.
- Add Longshine LCS-8031N to the list of supported ral(4) devices.
- Increment if_ierrors in upgt(4) if we fail to extract the mbuf in the RX routine.
- Plug memory leak in m_pullup2().
- Reenabled the routing priority again.
- Make sparc64 use %sys_tick to generate clock interrupts on systems that have it.
- Fix sparc64 SMP %tick interrupt handling. Sometimes clock would stop ticking on some CPUs because of lost ticks.
- Make sure the spanning tree bridge(4) code account for STP frames in if_obytes and if_omcasts.
- Enabled ALTQ and VLAN on tsec(4) for the socppc platform.
- Do not wait in the socket code for a free buffer in sosend(). Fixes userland hangs if the system runs out of mbuf clusters.